Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monday 30 August 2010


Wake up call @ 7.30, bags out 8, breakfast had @ 7 & on the bus by 9.

We are on our way to Pamukkale which is about 260kms away and we have to cross the Taurus Mountains. They are covered with Pine forests.
Pamukkale means "Cotton Castle" in Turkish. We visited the white limestone terraces of Pamukkale, saw the glistening pools and cascades.
I didn't have much to do on the bus so I thought I would see what photos I had taken. Going through them I then decided to check different things. Guess what I did!!! Unbeknown to me I accidentally formatted and lost ALL photos that had been taken since day 1 when the limo picked us up from home. I was not happy, to say the least. I didn't realise what I had done until "No Pictures Available" sign came up. I had to ask the old boy what this meant and he told me. We have had a few problems with cameras on this trip but these were burnt out/lost/whatever but not formatted.
When I told Dan what had happened he said he could bring them back. He will take my 'chip' to Canada and then send it back to me. Sandy gave me another 'chip' to keep m going.
The pools are made of Sodium Sulphate and the lake is 210cm deep and 41klm long. It is just like snow. There were lots of people there. Most had bathers on. Sandy said to look at a girl's thong. "Not on her feet", he said. The bottom part of her bikini was a thong at the back. Takes all types!!!!
We arrived at our hotel at 4.30. We had a swim in the 2 thermal pools, 1 was warm and the other was hot. Ended up in the ordinary pool and it was great. It is so hot here today.
Had a shower and after tea there was a belly dancer at 9.30. We didn't wait for this as we ended up hitting the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment